This diy, on how to paint rainbow pencils will inspire all creative parent to make school fun for their children. My daughter Sofia and I has planned to do a diy for a long time that both of us would really enjoy. So I thought, having less than a month left until school starts. I thought of her school supplies. Just like that our minds collaborated and came up with something we both love doing which is painting. This how we came up with do it yourself on how to paint pencils since she loves pencils and erasers as one of her collections.
My nine-year-old daughter is incoming fourth grade this coming school year. It has always been a practice to label all her school supplies since She started school. We had always used the traditional way of using a label printer, which is a little boring. Just like the way She complains that school is so boring, constantly. Can you relate? So What better way to inspire my daughter to do her school work and the same time have fun is to make all her supplies looking happy and lively. I have tried it and Thank goodness, it worked. Also, It is a great way to distinguished right away what your child owns. This diy project gives you a bonding that would make your child the happiest.
So Here is a one way to personalize your child/children’s pencil is by Painting them. I am not crazy and yes it might be a little more work but it is worth it. Fun and easy. Absolutely no rules. Paint as you please. Let your creativity shine!
What you need:
Paint brushes or Foam brushes will do
Styrofoam or Floral foam
1. Make sure clean your pencils. (Optional) Though It will make your paint adhere more if no oils or residues.
2. Cover the eraser part with painters tape.
3. Paint a base like white only if you would want to go for patterns like hearts, stars, initials, stripes, and whatnot.
4. Let it dry for at least 20-25mins. I use the floral foam to dry my pencils. Alternatives: a glass with rice; glass with tiny pebbles; punch a box with holes; I say be resourceful without spending 🙂
I used floral foam to dry them.
5. Start Decorating. Again Let your creativity shine.
Our Eye Candy/Rainbow Pencils.
Hope you had fun as much as I did. How did you do? I would love to see your creation. Again, Thank you for dropping by. Spread Love!!!